We’re Hiring an Office Manager! Click Here to Apply!
The responsibilities of a Timber Dental Office Manager include overseeing daily operations of a dental practice. You will primarily be responsible for providing leadership, guidance and support to the clinical and non-clinical team.
Deliverables will include the maintenance and compliance of procedures and coordination of daily operations and personnel ensuring continuity and growth across all locations. This position reports to the Regional Manager.
- Respond efficiently to patient and doctor needs and inquiries
- Ensure the delivery of quality dental care to patients
- Resolve patient issues in accordance with company policies and procedures, healthcare regulations and dental board standards
- Manage patient scheduling and direct patient traffic flow
- Present treatment plans to patients
- Organize and present financial arrangements to patients
- Arrange payment schedules with patients
- Oversee the processing of dental claims
- Coordinate with dental insurance companies to ensure claims are paid
- Manage specialist referral process
- Recruit and select office staff to meet operational requirements
- Train, develop and performance manage staff to meet performance standards
- Determine staff schedules and ensure operational standards are met
- Manage employee relations and make certain staff have the necessary resources and support
- Monitor and maintain the office budget
- Organize and oversee supply purchases, equipment upgrades and operations expenses
- Complete administrative functions including bank deposits, revenue posting, staff payroll and invoice processing
- Scan documents into Document Center
- Oversee collections and accounts receivable
- Write business correspondence and reports
- Run and analyze management reports
- Support marketing and promotion initiatives
- Maintain patient data according to regulations and company policies
- Ensure that records are stored securely and in compliance with privacy and security regulations
- Ability to chart for the dentists as a dental assistant would
- Take responsibility for the appearance and functionality of the office
- Maintain facilities and equipment in accordance with hygiene and safety regulations including OSHA
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree or 3 years experience in a dental practice
- Management or supervisory experience, preferably in healthcare (dental practice management a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Multi-tasking, planning and organizing
- Critical thinker and decision making skills
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Highest level of integrity, character and humility
- Team work
- Customer service orientation
- Strong social skills, with the ability to connect with entry-level team members, senior leadership, and dentists alike
- Excellent doctor relationships
Timber Dental Benefits
- Opportunities to give back to our community through free dental days
- Environmental stewardship – Practices are LEED certified
- Young, health focused, affluent patient base
- High tech practices with state of the art equipment and processes
- Large number of new patients each week
- Medical insurance benefits (for full-time employees)
- Internal dental discount plan (for full-time employees)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous retirement package with employer matching
- Professional development opportunities
- Annual staff retreats
Why Timber Dental?
We are a high-tech, privately owned general dentistry practice and our goal is to provide an outstanding experience to our patients. We value our patients, the environment and involvement in our community. We have plans to expand and currently have two locations: one in NE Portland and an office in the Bethany neighborhood on the West Side. We are looking for team players with big ideas and strong work ethics who can grow with us.
Our team isn’t only about work. Our winter staff retreats have included beachfront bungalows in Long Beach, WA and a Portland City Team Scavenger hunt! We all enjoy BBQs, happy hours and Winterhawks games when we’re out of the office.
We are a community of individuals who love working in the Portland community. We strive everyday to understand our patients needs, give back to our communities and have a great time doing it. Sound like a place you could see yourself? Please apply!