- Dental Assistant position at Timber Dental, privately owned dental practice in Portland, OR
- Timber Dental assistants will perform family dentistry and deliver high quality care in a comfortable setting, focusing on preventative measures and lifelong relationships.
- Timber Dental is a fast paced collaborative environment where dental assistants work chairside with doctors on a wide range of procedures and jointly with team members on daily tasks and projects to maintain high quality patient care
- Assistants will have continuing education opportunities, high team support and career growth pathways.
- Timber Dental has a high focus on community, philanthropy, & environmental stewardship
Assistant Position Benefits
- CAREER FLEXIBILITY through multiple location options as career develops in Portland
- POSITIVE WORK CULTURE of learning, growth, and opportunity
- MODERN “Portland Inspired” office designs, technology, and company culture
- CLINICAL GROWTH opportunities through mentorship, CE, and skills share
- HIGH CLINICAL CARE STANDARDS where proper patient treatment is the #1 priority
- STABILITY with many active and new patients flowing through the office each month
- COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION programs with comprehensive comp structure & benefits
- VARIED SCHEDULE to allow for positive work-life-balance
- Current Oregon Radiology License
- Current CPR certification
- Current EFDA Certification
- EFODA desired, but not required
- Ability to possibly work 1-2 evenings per week
- Ability to possibly work 1-2 Saturdays per month
- Participate in 2 philanthropic “free dental days” for community each year
- Participate in our annual staff retreat, held one weekend every January
- Motivated, ready to grow and learn
- Applicants with 2 years experience are preferred, but we will consider recent graduates with a positive attitude and are willing to accept coaching
Timber Dental Benefits
- Opportunities to give back to our community through free dental days
- Environmental stewardship – Practices are LEED certified
- High tech practices with state of the art equipment and processes
- Medical insurance benefits (for full-time employees)
- Internal dental discount plan (for full-time employees)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous retirement package with employer matching
- Professional development opportunities
- Annual staff retreats
Dental Assistant Performance Metrics
- High patient satisfaction (95% or higher)
- Ability to drive the schedule by maintaining high rates of same day starts on treatment
- Ability to complete daily checklists and calls to patients
Why Timber Dental?
We are a high-tech, privately owned general dentistry practice and our goal is to provide an outstanding experience to our patients. We value our patients, the environment and involvement in our community. We have plans to expand and currently have two locations: one in NE Portland and an office in the Bethany neighborhood on the West Side. We are looking for team players with big ideas and strong work ethics who can grow with us.
Our team isn’t only about work. Our winter staff retreats have included beachfront bungalows in Long Beach, WA and a Portland City Team Scavenger hunt! We all enjoy BBQs, happy hours and Winterhawks games when we’re out of the office.
We are a community of individuals who love working in the Portland community. We strive everyday to understand our patients needs, give back to our communities and have a great time doing it. Sound like a place you could see yourself? Please apply!